About Red Door Arts
Red Door Arts is Rozelle Neighbourhood Centre’s recreational accessible arts program, providing artistic opportunities for people of all ages with disabilities. The program aims to:
· increase the level of creative & skill development opportunities for people with a disability
· be inclusive to those with physical or intellectual disabilities, at any level of artistic ability
· showcase the work of artists with disabilities
· create a free and expressive environment for all.
To do this, Red Door Arts only engages workshop facilitators who are arts professionals and leaders in their field. We also partner with mainstream arts organisations to assist in the delivery of high quality and enriching programs.
Red Door Arts has a number of core projects that run each term throughout the year. They include:
- ART by Night - music, drama and art classes for adults with intellectual disability
- Ever After Theatre for emerging performers
- Stage 1 Drama for primary school children
- Art Express - drama and art classes for adults with mixed abilities
Click on our programs link in the tab above to find out more about these programs.
Alongside our core programs Red Door Arts often produce varied and responsive one-off artistic projects. These opportunities are excellent for those who want to work creatively, but unable to commit to long term programs.